Multicultural Excellence Awards Judging
Industry leaders who are a part of the ANA Multicultural committee or have an expertise in Multicultural Marketing have the opportunity to become a judge. Over the course of three rounds of judging, agency and client side executives evaluate the submissions on two key factors: creativity and relevance.
This in-depth review will help identify which submissions are worthy of consideration to win a Multicultural Excellence Award. All winners will then be recognized by the industry during the 2021 ANA Multicultural and Diversity Conference Presented by SXM Media.
2021 Final Round Jury
We are excited to announce the Final Round jury for the 2021 Multicultural Excellence Awards. The Final Round jury will review the top 5 submissions in each category based on the final results of the main round. From this round, the top three winners in each category will be determined, including the Grand Prize winner and the category winners. We are grateful to have this exclusive panel of brand marketers and agency heavyweights to be on this year's Final Round Jury.
- Anastasia Ali, Vice President, Marketing – Disney
- Joe Bernard, Chief Revenue Officer/Partner, NGL Media
- Karla Davis, Vice President, Integrated Marketing & Media – Ulta Beauty
- Mimi Dixon, Director, Brand Activation & Content – Crayola
- Rich Ferraro, Chief Communications Officer and Executive Producer – GLAAD
- Jackie Gagne, SVP Multicultural Marketing – HBO
- Genny Hom-Franzen, Executive Director – 3AF
- Elba Intriago, SVP, Multicultural – Music Audience Exchange
- Fan Jin, Director – Amazon Advertising Creative
- Della Ng, Vice President, Head of Cultural Marketing – U.S. Bank
- Spiro Papathanasakis, Co-Founder & Chief Strategy Officer – Essential Accessibility
- Yolanda Sangweni, Senior Director of Programming – NPR
- Sue Seams, Senior Director, Experience Planning – Kellogg's
- Lisa Skriloff, President/Founder – MMR
- Marissa Solis, SVP Portfolio Marketing, Media & Partnerships – Frito - Lay North America
2021 Best in Show Jury
We have selected a blue-ribbon jury of brand marketers to comprise the 2021 Best in Show Jury. Made up of Alliance for Inclusive Multicultural Marketing (AIMM) board members, these jurors will select the top prize, the best Multicultural Marketing of the year. After a very selective process, the ANA is proud to announce the 2021 Best in Show jury:
- Paul Alexander, Chief Marketing Officer – Boston University’s Questrom School of Business
- John Dillon, CBO & EVP – Denny’s
- Alicia Enciso, Chief Marketing Officer – Nestle USA
- Gail Horwood, Chief Experience Officer and Head of Digital Customer Engagement, US – Novartis
- Shannon Watkins, SVP, Brand and Creative Services – Aflac
- Rudy Wilson, President of Global Consumer Brands – SC Johnson
- Deborah Yeh, Chief Marketing Officer – Sephora Americas
Would you like to be considered for this year’s Main Round Multicultural Awards jury pool? Register here!
Here is what prior judges have to say:
"I was so pleased to see the variety of work being done across our industry as it pertained to reaching underrepresented groups. It made me proud to be a judge as I felt my insights in judging would help to direct the future of better campaigns for target audiences that weren't necessarily being targeted in the most effective ways. Thank you for giving me this opportunity."
"I greatly appreciated the opportunity to be a judge. It was a good confidence builder and productive learning experience reinforcing effective application of marketing principles... assessing the challenge/purpose, gathering information on the audience profiles and nuances, developing the messaging, creating the content, executing the creative, and measuring results."
"Judging the Multicultural Excellence Awards was an inspiring and rewarding experience. It is great to see so much purpose driven work being made that is not always accessible or widely circulated because of budget or regions."
We are thankful for last year’s two rounds of Multicultural Excellence Award judges. Without your diligence and expertise, we would not be able to make this happen. Click here to download a full list of our 2020 judges.