Obtain all the details on eligibility, category descriptions, entry deadlines and all critical information on how to enter the 2022 Multicultural Excellence Awards in one document you can share with your team.
Download the 2022 Multicultural Excellence Awards Entry Kit
HOW DO I ENTER?
Click here to create an account. Once you create a username and password, you will be able to begin the submission process. You can enter in one or multiple campaigns across as many categories as your campaign(s) qualify. You may save and return to your work at anytime during the competition period.
Once you've completed your entry, you will be prompted to finalize and pay your entry fee(s). You must make payment before the appropriate deadline based on when you enter – Early Brid, Standard or Final. If payment for an entry is not submitted by the related deadline, it will not qualify to be included in the subsequent judging rounds and will be removed from the competition.
NOTE: In order to obtain member pricing, you must login with your ANA credentials.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Anyone who created/executed multicultural marketing is welcome to enter. This includes but is not limited to client-side marketers; any type of marketing, advertising, and promotion agencies; retailers; media companies; and service providers. Campaigns must have run between June 2021 and June 2022 within the U.S. and/or North America.
WHAT INFORMATION IS REQUIRED TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY?
- Click here for a preview of the submission form (docx).
- Click here for a preview of the submission form (pdf).
WHAT ARE THE COSTS TO SUBMIT?
2022 Entry Fees (ANA and AIMM Member/Nonmembers)
- Early Bird - $550/$650 for entries submitted by May 24
- Standard Deadline - $675/$775 for entries submitted by June 21
- Final Deadline - $725/$825 for entries submitted by July 19
All deadlines end 12 midnight Pacific Time
An entry fee is required for each submission for each individual campaign.
Payment may be made by credit card, check or wire/ACH. Please make sure to include the check number in the space provided on the submission form.
If paying by check, please make payable to Association of National Advertisers, Inc. with entry ID# clearly marked on the check and mail to:
ANA Multicultural Excellence Awards
Attn: Finance Department
c/o Association of National Advertisers, Inc.
155 E. 44th St.
New York, NY 10017
If paying by wire/ACH, please make sure your entry ID # (or numbers) is included in the wire and send to Association of National Advertisers, Inc via:
153 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022
ABA Number: 021000089
Account #: 6794052888
Please note: once an entry has been submitted and payment processed, refunds will only be issued due to extenuating circumstances. Disqualified submissions will be refunded. Your entry ID # can be found in the email sent to you on your entry submission. For your records, ANA's Federal ID # is 13-0453230.
WHAT ARE THE KEY DEADLINE DATES?
- Call for entries: May 3, 2022
- Early bird deadline ends: May 24, 2022
- Standard entry deadline ends: June 21, 2022
- Final entry deadline: July 19, 2022
**NOTE: Once you submit your entry(s) it is considered final, no additional edits/changes will be possible.
SHOULD I UPLOAD MY CREATIVE WITH MY ENTRY?
Yes. Your entry will be considered incomplete if creative is not attached.
HOW MANY PIECES OF CREATIVE SHOULD I SUBMIT PER ENTRY?
All entrants are allowed to submit one to four pieces of creative.The entry may include any combination of creative materials from the following media: TV, audio (radio, internet radio, podcasts), magazines, direct mail, print, out-of-home, and digital media advertising. For example, an entry may consist of two TV commercials, an audio spot and a direct mail piece, or a print piece and digital media. For all categories, the creative should represent both the selected category (by segment or discipline) and media engagement channels used for the campaign.
Visit our Creative Prep page to find out how creative files should be formatted/uploaded.
ARE SIZZLE/HIGHLIGHT REELS ACCEPTED?
Sizzle/highlight reels are accepted and encouraged but not required. Each execution should not exceed 180 seconds, with a suggested runtime of 120 seconds.
WHY DO I NEED TO INCLUDE THE NAME OF AGENCY AND CLIENT?
This will ensure all teams are recognized during the awards event if selected as a winner.
WILL I RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION ONCE I HAVE SUBMITTED MY ENTRY?
Yes! You will be receiving an email confirmation for your paid submission.
CAN I VIEW MY SUBMISSION BEFORE FINALIZING?
You can view your in-progress application by clicking on the "My Applications" link on the left of your account and click "Edit" to make updates.
HOW OFTEN CAN I EDIT MY ENTRY?
You have access to edit and update your entry as often as you would like until you "Checkout" (finalize and pay for any entries in your shopping cart). To edit your entry, login to your account and you will see all the entries you have in your account. Click on "Edit" on any of the entries listed to make changes to your submission.
Once you have submitted your entry via the "checkout" process, you will have access to the read-only file. All entries must be finalized, submitted and paid for according to the fee corresponding to the current entry deadline period at the time of your "checkout".
Please note: if you start an entry in the system and then finalize and checkout two months later, you will be charged the entry fee that is valid at the time of your checkout.
All entries not finalized before the final deadline will not be judged.
CAN TEAMMATES HAVE ACCESS TO EDIT OR ADD DETAILS FOR MY ENTRY(S)?
Yes! At the top of each submission form, the primary applicant will have the option to add and manage collaborators, allowing multiple team members to have access to edit an application. In order to be added as a collaborator, your teammate(s) must also have a Multicultural Excellence Awards profile. To login or create a new profile, click here.
Note: only one person can have editing rights at any given time and only the primary Collaborator (the person who started the entry) will have the ability to submit the application.
MAY WE ENTER ONE CAMPAIGN INTO MULTIPLE CATEGORIES?
Yes! You may enter the same campaign in multiple categories. Each submission will require a new entry and you will be charged per entry. The application system will allow you to submit more than one entry. You have two options to choose from that will allow you to accomplish this.
1. If there are major differences between your entries, you will likely want to begin a new entry from scratch. You can do so by clicking on the "Make Another Application" link on the left-hand side of the page. This will create a blank application, and you can enter information that is completely new.
2. If your entries are very similar, once you have completed the initial entry and placed it in your shopping cart, you can click on the "Copy Submission". On the next page, you will be asked which additional category you would like to submit the work to. Please be sure to review your responses to ensure the questions reflect the new category you are entering.
Note: You must fully complete your submission and add it to your shopping cart in order for it to be copied. Once you have added your submission to your shopping cart, it will appear as complete under your "My Applications" link on the left side of your screen. You will then see an option to "Copy Submission" into another category. This will add the copied submission into your incomplete list and allow you to edit it by clicking on the "Edit" link under "Action".
WHO ARE THE JUDGES?
Judges will include members chosen from the ANA Multicultural Marketing & Diversity Committee and a select number of distinguished guests with expertise in multicultural marketing.
HOW WILL THE JUDGING WORK?
There will be three rounds of judging.
- The first round will include all submissions and will be judged based on creative excellence and relevancy to the multicultural category for which they are submitted. The ANA Multicultural Marketing & Diversity Committee and invited judges, will judge this round.
- The second round will include the top 5 submissions in each category based on the final results of round one. These submissions will be judged on the same criteria of relevancy and creativity. (Significant Results category has unique requirements.) From this round, the top three winners in each category will be determined, including the Grand Prize winner and the category winners (second and third place prizes). This round will be judged by a select panel of judges.
- The final round of judging will determine the Best in Show. A select panel of judges will review the Grand Prize winners in each category to determine the Best in Show.
WHO MAY I CONTACT SHOULD I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE AWARDS PROGRAM?
Contact the Multicultural Excellence Awards Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS THE PRIZE?
The ability to showcase your outstanding work and receive recognition from your peers. In addition, the top three entries for each category will receive a prize. The Grand Prize winner will receive a custom-made statue, and the category winners will each receive customized plaques.
WHEN AND WHERE WILL THE MULTICULTURAL AWARDS BE PRESENTED?
Visit the Awards Event page for full up to the minute details regarding the conference and awards gala.