Multicultural Excellence Awards Judging
Industry leaders who are a part of the ANA Multicultural committee or have an expertise in Multicultural Marketing have the opportunity to become a judge. Over the course of three rounds of judging, agency and client side executives evaluate the submissions on two key factors: creativity and relevance.
This in-depth review will help identify which submissions are worthy of consideration to win a Multicultural Excellence Award. All winners will then be recognized by the industry during the 2023 ANA Multicultural and Diversity Conference.
Thank You to our Final Round Jury
The Final Round jury will review the top submissions in each category based on the final results of the main round. From this round, the top three winners in each category will be determined, including the Grand Prize winner and the category winners. We are grateful to have had this exclusive panel of brand marketers and agency heavyweights to be on this year's Final Round Jury.
- Lisa Skriloff, President, Multicultural Marketing Resources, Inc.
- Spiro Papathanasakis, Co-Founder & Chief Strategy Officer, Level Access
- Genny Hom-Franzen, Executive Director, Asian American Advertising Federation (3AF)
- Marques Zak, Director, Cultural Platforms, American Express
- Rich Ferraro, Chief Communications Officer, GLAAD
- Esperanza Teasdale, Vice President & General Manager, PepsiCo Beverages North America
- Monica Morales, Head of Lilly Cross-Cultural Marketing, Eli Lilly and Company
- Mimi Dixon, Senior Director, Marketing, Crayola
- Brianne Boles-Marshall, Diversity Media Strategy and Investment Lead, General Motors
- Christopher Peddy, Chief Marketing Officer, Jagermeister
- John Shumate, VP, Global Brand Marketing, Champion
- Jonathan Saw, VP, Diversity & Inclusion, Pernod Ricard North America
- Maria Vilchez Lowrey, Chief Growth Officer, Direct Digital Holdings, Inc
- Dana Weber, Global Director, TransPerfect
Thank You to Last Year's Best in Show Jury
A blue-ribbon jury of brand marketers comprised the 2023 Best in Show Jury. Made up of top Multiculutral Marketers leading the idustry, these jurors selected the top prize, the best Multicultural Marketing of the year.
- Antonio Escalona, SVP & GM, Hispanic Business Unit, PepsiCo Foods North America
- Cheryl Guerin, EVP, Global Brand Strategy & Innovation, Mastercard
- Alexandra Morehouse, CMO, Banner Health
- Della Ng, Vice President, Head of Multicultural and Diversity Marketing, US Bank
- Marissa Solis, SVP Global Brand and Consumer Marketing, National Football League, Inc. (NFL)
- Ken Turner, CMO, Fanatics Collectibles
- Angela Zepeda, CMO, Hyundai Motor America
Here is what prior judges have to say:
"I was so pleased to see the variety of work being done across our industry as it pertained to reaching underrepresented groups. It made me proud to be a judge as I felt my insights in judging would help to direct the future of better campaigns for target audiences that weren't necessarily being targeted in the most effective ways. Thank you for giving me this opportunity."
"I greatly appreciated the opportunity to be a judge. It was a good confidence builder and productive learning experience reinforcing effective application of marketing principles... assessing the challenge/purpose, gathering information on the audience profiles and nuances, developing the messaging, creating the content, executing the creative, and measuring results."
"Judging the Multicultural Excellence Awards was an inspiring and rewarding experience. It is great to see so much purpose driven work being made that is not always accessible or widely circulated because of budget or regions."
We are thankful for this year’s main round of Multicultural Excellence Award judges. Without your diligence and expertise, we would not be able to make this happen.